We are looking to appoint a School Business Manager who is dedicated, highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our happy and vibrant school team as soon as possible.
Required from Monday, 18th April 2016 or earlier
Salary range Grade 10, spinal point 36-43 pro-rata £34,380 - £40,896 FTE (dependent on Qualifications and Experience)
42 week term-time only, permanent.
Lyndhurst Primary School is a vibrant and successful 2 form entry School, in Camberwell, South London.
The successful candidate will be part of our Leadership Team and have significant financial and management experience in school. They will have excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and be responsible for managing a team of three office staff, after-school club and work closely with our live-in facilities manager.
We are looking for an excellent business manager who is/ has:
• Educated to a good level of education including English and Maths GCSE or equivalent
• CSBM/DSBM qualification or an equivalent professional qualification is desirable or willingness to undergo further training to support their CPD.
• Proven experience of budget management, monitoring and account reconciliation.
• Experience of financial management systems and audit requirements.
• Experience of procurement and delivering Value for Money.
• Knowledge of Human Resources procedures and HR systems.
• Proven IT skills including Word, Excel and Access
• Experience of capital building projects is desirable
• Experience of working in a busy school or office environment whilst remaining calm under pressure
• Demonstrated experience of working accurately with attention to detail
• Understanding of vision and strategic planning
• A sense of humour
We can offer:
• A dedicated, experienced office team and facilities manager
• A commitment to ensuring that all staff have excellent opportunities for professional
As part of Southwark’s commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, all employees employed within schools are required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
To apply please download and complete the application form here, and email to Susan Johnson:
email email@example.com. Please enter in the subject heading ‘SBM Vacancy March 2016’.
Closing date: 12 noon, Wednesday, 23rd March 2016
Interviews: Will be held on Thursday, 14th April 2016