We have high expectations of children's standards of work and behaviour. We provide a caring, challenging and stimulating environment where all children can progress and achieve.
Our aims are for our children to:
- Achieve high academic standards by developing each child's ability to its full potential.
- Develop independant, self-confident and self-motivated children, who are actively involved in their learning.
- Ensure children behave appropriately, show respect for others and take responsibility for their own actions.
- Give children opportunities to express and explore their imaginative and creative skills and talents.
- Promote partnership between staff, parents and children in creating a stimulating and attractive environment, which reflects high expectations.
- Develop understanding, tolerance and respect for all people, regardless of their race, class, gender or religion.
- Promote good health, hygiene and fitness for all children.
Together the staff, children, parents and governors work to build a secure, friendly and stimulating environment in which everyone thrives.
You can find and compare schools in England on the School Performance Tables
Department of Education praises our progress
We would like to make you aware of a letter we received from the Department of Education, regarding Lyndhurst's encouraging progress attained in the Key Stage 2 assessments for 2018, published on 13 December 2018.
An extract of the letter:
"Your school's results show progress scores of 5.3, 3.6 and 3.9 in English reading, writing and mathematics, respectively. This means that in terms of the progress you pupils make between Key Stage1 and the end of Key Stage 2, your school is amongst the top 3% of schools in England."
To read the letter in full, please click on the PDF icon below.